This job is no longer available
Our client is an instantly recognisable name with a global presence and a reputation for excellence in the professional services sector. With a UK head office based in the heart of Central London, they are easily accessible by all major transport links.
A lawyer with at least 8 years' PQE* is sought to lead the organisation's Corporate division, overseeing the development of all products, solutions and services. You will undertake a breadth of non-fee earning Corporate work, developing and producing content personally, as well as managing and motivating a small team of lawyers to meet their own product delivery deadlines. In addition, you will support the organisation's sales and marketing function to facilitate taking products to market, and work closely with the Practice Area Director to achieve revenue growth.
You will be a UK qualified lawyer with comprehensive practical knowledge of the full range of corporate matters, incorporating both public and private company law. You should have extensive experience of delivering advice to clients and possess strong business development skills, along with the ability to lead, motivate and develop a team. It is therefore expected that you will currently work at either Partner or experienced Senior Associate level. In addition you should have strong analytical skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to communicate technical legal concepts concisely and clearly.
* Demonstrable experience in drafting legal advice on substantive and procedural issues, as well as drafting precedents and undertaking complex procedural steps
* An in-depth understanding of the corporate market, its trends and the legal community and in particular, the needs of Corporate practitioners
* First-hand insight into the core processes and tasks that form the bulk of everyday legal practice
* Previous exposure to a law firm's know-how and knowledge management strategies is advantageous, as is experience in training fellow lawyers
* Clear, succinct writing style, with previous experience of authoring articles on legal topics preferable
* Strong business development skills, with the ability to engage with top tier corporate law firms
* Excellent organisational and planning skills
For the right candidate, this role represents an exciting opportunity to work at the forefront of new and developing legal issues for a market-leading business. It offers flexible working hours and the chance to practice law in a collaborative and supportive team. In return for your skills and expertise, you will be rewarded with a high calibre of work, a great work/life balance and a highly competitive salary package.
*Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience that we anticipate will be needed to fulfil the position. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role and they will be considered on an equal basis.Pure Recruitment Group Limited acts as an employment agency for permanent roles and an employment business for temporary roles. Pure Recruitment Group Limited aims to promote diversity and equal opportunity through its work - we monitor and evaluate our performance on a regular basis. Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience that we anticipate will be needed to fulfil the position. However, we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role and they will be considered on an equal basis.