This job is no longer available
Eversheds is not your average law firm and we're not looking for average people. We do things differently - in the way we treat our people and the service we provide. That's how we've become one of the largest law firms in the world and a great place to work and develop your career.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our team and be responsible for the overall direction, management and delivery of firm wide procurement. The successful candidate will lead a team to oversee the procurement activities for multiple functions within the firm and will seek to achieve agreed financial targets.
The key responsibilities for this role include:
- Achieving financial targets set within the procurement plan, through percentage saving or within agreed timescales
- Building relationships and managing direct reports, suppliers, project teams and internal stakeholder relationships
- Protecting the commercial interests of the firm, and ensuring minimum risk
- Ensuring that the team and internal customers adhere to the procurement process, from identification of supplier, engagement, through to establishing post contract performance monitoring
- Working with legal teams to build contracts in line with internal customer needs and service level agreements
- Continuously measuring and evaluating suppliers, managing cost reduction efforts from firm wide supply chain. Where necessary, you will also be responsible for implementing change and / or developing new processes to provide the ability to better procure goods and services for the firm
The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to progress and grow the procurement function, working with a matrix of contract management and project management teams.
Skills and experience:
You will ideally hold a Business degree or similar discipline with an analytical bias, or will be able to demonstrate this knowledge has been gained during your career. You will also have experience within procurement in a professional services environment and will be able to demonstrate the improvements you have made within that procurement team.
For this role, we are seeking the following key competencies:
- Proven negotiation skills, facilitation and problem solving skills
- Reliable and dependable
- Persuasive and resourceful, demonstrating innovative deal making capability and negotiating techniques
- Analytical, data driven approach with an attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Able to manage systems and processes: effectively uses systems and processes to measure, monitor, manage, or impact performance
- Experience of improving processes and creating flexibility
- Knowledge of key goods and services used within the firm (IT / FM)
- Advanced knowledge of software programs (i.e. MS Excel, Outlook, Word)
We’re a modern, progressive law firm. We think differently and we’ve built a culture where individual skills and personalities can shine through. At Eversheds, we believe that innovation comes from having an inclusive culture of genuine equality and diversity and we’re happy to help with any reasonable adjustments you may require in the recruitment process, or once in post.
Eversheds endeavours to recruit and fill vacancies directly. However, when we do need to engage with agencies, Eversheds operates within a preferred supplier list.