This job is no longer available
Professional Support Lawyer - LexisPSL Employment
We are looking for a lawyer to help drive LexisNexis on in its strategy of enabling law firms to deliver legal services more efficiently, more profitably and in a manner which best meet the needs of their clients. To contribute towards the development of core legal content for LexisPSL and other LexisNexis online products and solutions targeted at employment practitioners.
As the PSL your key responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Head of LexisPSL Employment, the candidate will be primarily tasked with developing the LexisPSL Employment product – a market leading online information service aimed squarely at employment lawyers.
- The candidate will also be responsible for assisting the Head of LexisPSL Employment with the development and execution of a holistic practice area strategy across all products, solutions and services within the LexisNexis portfolio aimed at employment practitioners.
- For the right candidate this role represents an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of market leading products at the heart of the LexisNexis Legal Intelligence proposition.
- Although the role is not a sales role in the traditional sense, the successful candidate will also be expected to draw upon their strong networks amongst the legal profession both to inform of the services they develop, to leverage contacts to contribute to the product, to facilitate the sales process and to collaborate effectively with the LexisNexis sales and marketing function.
- Identifying the core content and online product needs of lawyers in their practice area, and acting on customer feedback.
- Developing and writing new content that is of a high standard technically and editorially.
- Supporting the sales and marketing function in taking products to market.
- Supporting the Head of LexisPSL Employment in achieving revenue growth.
- Supporting the Head of LexisPSL Employment in the development and execution of a practice area approach across LexisNexis, across all formats.
As the PSL your skills and experience will ideally include:
- Qualified lawyer with comprehensive knowledge of their practice area and extensive experience delivering advice to clients
- Excellent technical legal input - a broad practical experience of all contentious and non- contentious employment matters
- Strong analytical skills and a keen eye for detail - the ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly
- Clear, succinct writing style, with the ability to adapt to LexisNexis house style
- Demonstrable experience of drafting legal advice on substantive and procedural issues
- Demonstrable experience in drafting precedents and undertaking complex procedural steps
- A deep understanding of the core processes and tasks that form the bulk of everyday legal practice
- A desire to be at the forefront of awareness about new and developing law
- A real understanding of the legal community and market, and in particular the needs of Employment practitioners
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- A flair for innovation and idea generation
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Strategic planning ability – be able to create and communicate a vision for the product
- The ability to generate enthusiasm for a concept or project amongst peers and the team they manage
- Strong communication and effective presentation skills
Desirable skills we’re looking for :
- Previous exposure to a law firm’s know-how and knowledge management strategies
- Previous experience of authoring articles on legal topics
- Experience in training fellow lawyers
- An interest in / understanding of how technology may enable legal services to be delivered more efficiently and economically
Competitive salary plus comprehensive benefits package to include;
- 28.5 days holiday
- Pension including Life Cover
- 35 hour week
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Save As You Earn Scheme
LexisNexis, a division of the global publishing company Reed Elsevier Plc, (FTSE 100), is a leader in professional publishing and a pioneering solutions provider. We are changing the way the world shares information through a unique combination of authoritative content, powerful on-line research and advanced productivity tools. We have moved beyond supplying text information to delivering vibrant solutions which transform organisations. LexisNexis is the leading provider of information and business solutions to help knowledge-driven professionals achieve excellence. LexisNexis is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, disability, religion, sexual orientation or age.