This job is no longer available
Clifford Chance is one of the world's leading law firms, helping clients achieve their goals by combining the highest global standards with local expertise. The firm has unrivalled scale and depth of legal resources across the three key markets of the Americas, Asia and Europe and focuses on the core areas of commercial activity: capital markets; corporate and M&A; finance and banking; real estate; tax; pensions and employment; litigation and dispute resolution.
Our Global Private Funds Practice is a market leading practice with a particular focus on closed-ended private equity, real estate and infrastructure funds. We work closely with our colleagues in the firm’s private equity, real estate and energy and infrastructure groups. In addition, we also advise investors in such funds, including pension funds, insurance companies, funds-of-funds and many sovereign wealth and other supranational institutions.
Clifford Chance is recognised as the global market leader in working with alternative fund managers to establish and operate the whole range of alternative private investment funds. Our global team advises managers throughout the fund life cycle including fund establishment, structuring and marketing as well as ongoing operational issues, secondary transactions and restructuring mandates
The team hosts a very collegiate environment and best suits a personable individual with a team playing attitude. The successful candidate will be a self-starter and who can assume full responsibility for areas under his or her management.
Key Requirements and Responsibilities
- Absolute necessity that the candidate has a very strong background in fund establishment, structuring and marketing
- Candidate must also have experience in ongoing fund operational issues, secondary transactions and restructuring mandates
- Highly proficient in their ability to advise managers (and investors) on appropriate and new fund terms and other hot topical issues in the industry
- Strong ability to advise clients on licensing and regulatory requirements, especially in relation to the EU Alternative Investment Fund Management Directive as well as ERISA and carry plan issues
- Negotiation with both clients and investors from both a legal and commercial perspective
- Produce internal articles, keeps up to date with industry changes, pro-active in the creation & circulation of fund- related updates & information
- Opportunities to be involved in pitching for new work and business development
- Ability to take a leadership role and manage a varied workload
- Takes a highly commercial approach
- Top level written and verbal communication skills and negotiation acumen
- Pro-active in keeping up to date with the PE industry.
- Client-focused and strong work ethic
- Excellent commercial judgment
- A team player, personable, social and works well with a variety of colleagues and clients
- Enthusiastic and high energy
- Enjoys solving problems rather than merely identifying them and is willing to make and commit to recommendations
- Flawless attention to detail
- Commitment to excellence
- Currently you will be a mid-senior level lawyer, working in a substantially similar practice area
- Runs funds and preferably manages trainees/junior lawyers.