This job is no longer available
Lipson Lloyd Jones London
19 June 2013
17 July 2013
Great opportunity to join a thriving international practice in one of its core areas. The firm is widely regarded as a leading player in the insurance litigation market.
Over the last 3 years the team has dealt with some of the market leading disputes in this area which are high value, complex and typically attract significant media attention. The cases are overseen at the most senior client level. Examples include:
- A facultative reinsurance dispute for USD150m arising from the total loss of 7,000 brand new motor vehicles caused by a freak hail storm in Dubai.
- Advising primary layer insurers of a major firm of accountants on complex coverage issues arising from the sale of financial products resulting in arbitration proceedings
- Significant litigation in London and Guernsey arising from the collapse of a £450m closed ended collective investment scheme.
- Advising the cyber insurers of a major telecommunications firm in respect of the consequences of a major outage involving a number of different jurisdictions
Manage litigation caseload and/or support Associates, Partners and colleagues in the insurance litigation team on larger complex cases.
- Work with appropriate levels of supervision, recognising matters for escalation.
- Draft and review correspondence, reports and litigation documents.
- Maintain caseload in good organisational shape and in accordance with client quality and service level agreements.
- Work to deadlines, prioritise workload and meet conflicting demands on time.
- Work on matters of high value and quality in sensitive and complex environments. Work across International and Jurisdictional boundaries and in emerging markets.
The team is looking to recruit a qualified solicitor with between 2-5 years' experience post qualification dealing with complex high-value insurance litigation for London market insurers in all areas of financial lines, including financial institutions, Directors' and Officers' liability, cyber/technology and coverage disputes.
- Capable of analysing and applying legal principles to a complex factual scenario, with a view to achieving a commercial resolution for the client.
- Able to deal confidently and professionally with clients on day to day issues, where appropriate.
- Able to demonstrate a reasonable level of self-sufficiency and initiative, combined with an awareness of the boundaries of own competence/authority.
- An ability to adopt a commercial perspective rather than an 'academic' approach to legal issues.
- Change oriented with a positive, flexible approach towards the implementation of new initiatives.
- Team oriented and collegiate with a willingness to work as part of a team on larger matters and to assist with development of business
Lipson Lloyd Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
We aim to respond to all applications within two working days.
If we have not contacted you within this time frame your application has been unsuccessful and your details have not been retained. Please apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
Please note our advertisements use PQE levels purely as a guide to the minimum level of experience required.
However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfill this kind of work.
Lipson Lloyd Jones London
Lipson Lloyd-Jones (LLJ) was established in 1987 and operates out of offices in the City of London and central Manchester. LLJ provides comprehensive coverage of the legal market place.