This job is no longer available
Main Purpose of the Role:
To lead a team that contributes to the development of online products and solutions for Tax and Private Client practitioners with a view to contributing to the revenue and profit growth of LexisNexis.
LexisNexis, a division of Reed Elsevier PLC, is a leader in legal and professional publishing. Leveraging over 30 years of online experience, LexisNexis offers one of the best opportunities to contribute to the building of tomorrow’s information services spanning across multiple media.
We are looking for a senior lawyer to drive LexisNexis on in its strategy of enabling law firms to deliver legal services more efficiently, more profitably and in a manner which best meet the needs of their clients.
Job Outline - Head of LexisPSL Tax and Private Client:
Reporting to the Practice Area Director, the Head of LexisPSL Tax and Private Client is primarily tasked with developing and managing the LexisPSL Tax and Private Client products – these are modules of LexisPSL, LexisNexis’s new online information service aimed at Tax and Private Client lawyers. For the right candidate this role represents an exciting opportunity to be involved in the development of market leading products at the heart of the LexisNexis Legal Intelligence proposition.
The Head of LexisPSL Tax and Private Client is also responsible for assisting the Practice Area Director with the development and execution of a holistic practice area strategy across all the products, solutions and services within the LexisNexis portfolio aimed at Tax and Private Client practitioners.
Key skills we’re looking for:
- UK qualified lawyer with comprehensive knowledge of these practice areas and extensive experience delivering advice to clients (significant post qualification experience as a solicitor or barrister)
- Excellent technical legal skills and knowledge of the legal community
- Broad practical experience of Tax and/or Private Client matters; ideally both
- Demonstrable experience of drafting legal advice and precedents and ideally some experience of contentious matters
- A deep understanding of the core processes and tasks that form the bulk of everyday legal practice
- A desire to be at the forefront of awareness about new and developing law
- A real understanding of the legal community and market, and in particular the needs of Tax and Private Client practitioners.
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Clear, succinct writing style demonstrating an ability to communicate legal concepts concisely and clearly and with the ability to adapt to LexisNexis house style
- Strong verbal communication and effective presentation skills
- A keen eye for detail
- Excellent networking and interpersonal skills
- Ability to generate enthusiasm for a concept or project amongst peers and direct reports
- Commercial aptitude
- Strategic planning ability – be able to create and communicate a vision for the product
- Commercial accountability – ability to budget and manage resource
- Financial literacy – ability to manage the profit and loss account for the LexisPSL Tax and Private Client modules
- Proven track record in people management, specifically the ability to motivate teams.
Although this role is not a sales role in the traditional sense, the successful candidate will also be expected to draw upon their strong networks amongst the legal profession both to inform of the services they develop, to leverage contacts to contribute to the product, to facilitate the sales process and to collaborate effectively with the LexisNexis sales and marketing function.
Desirable skills we’re looking for:
- Previous exposure to a law firm’s know-how and knowledge management strategies.
- Previous experience of authoring articles on legal topics
- Experience in training fellow lawyers
- An interest in/understanding of how technology may enable legal services to be delivered more effectively and economically
Key Result Areas
- Identifying the core content and online product needs of lawyers in their practice area, and acting on customer feedback.
- Developing and writing new content that is of a high standard technically and editorially.
- Managing and motivating a team of lawyers to meet all milestones for product delivery.
- Supporting the sales and marketing function in taking products to market.
- Supporting the Practice Area Director in achieving revenue growth to a budget for the LexisPSL practice areas and managing costs to forecast.
- Supporting the Practice Area Director in the development and execution of a practice area approach across LexisNexis, across all formats.