This job is no longer available
We are looking for a highly motivated lawyer with the ability to work independently and as part of a team, supporting each of the agency securities lending and transition management businesses in the Corporate and Investment Bank. The role is in the Legal Department and involves working closely with the respective business representatives and with other corporate functions, globally.
- Advising the agency securities lending business on all legal and documentation related issues on wide ranging issues and situations.
- Advising the transition management business on all legal and documentation related issues on wide ranging issues and situations, although prior experience of transition management would be an advantage, it is not essential.
- Negotiating agreements relevant to both businesses, for example, the Overseas Securities Lending Agreement, Global Master Lending Agreement and Global Master Repurchase Agreement, transition management agreements and any related ancillary documentation (including any related drafting), with clients such as mutual funds, pension funds and sovereign wealth funds and counterparties such as global financial institutions and their internal, or external counsel, as required.
- Negotiating confidentiality agreements/non-disclosure agreements.
- Providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance in relation to the flow/operational agency securities lending business/transition management business and generally, ad hoc legal advice and enquiries, as required.
- Attendance at internal and external meetings, for example, product development meetings, business control meetings and document negotiations with clients and/or their internal and external legal counsel.
- Instructing and liaising with external counsel, as required, including review and analysis of legal opinions.
- Advising the businesses on key legal/regulatory issues.
- Close coordination with colleagues in the US/Latam and AsiaPac on relevant issues.
- Liaising with business representatives and legal/compliance colleagues and other control functions e.g. credit, risk, tax in EMEA and globally.
- Participating and advising on new business initiatives.
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified lawyer with a minimum of 3 years' PQE.
- Good experience within the Legal Department of a premier financial institution or in private practice (preferably with in-house experience).
- Familiarity and experience within the area of stock borrowing/lending, securities financing, knowledge of securities laws, trading of international securities, set off arrangements and a general background in securities work, is preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good organisational and time management capabilities.
- Ability to work in an open plan team environment.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- An understanding of relevant existing and upcoming regulatory developments would be helpful.
To apply, please clcik on the Apply Now button. visit www.jpmorgan.com/careers and enter the job number 130009302.
About JPMorgan Chase & Co
J.P. Morgan serves one of the largest client franchises in the world. Our clients include corporations, institutional investors, hedge funds, governments and affluent individuals in more than 100 countries. J.P. Morgan is part of JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.2 trillion. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers, small business and commercial banking, financial transaction processing, asset management, and private equity. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase serves millions of clients and consumers under its J.P. Morgan and Chase, and WaMu brands.
J.P. Morgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
J.P. Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.