This job is no longer available
Kraft is now part of Mondelēz International – a whole new company full of the world’s favourite brands. Our transition will be complete in Spring 2013.
Who we are
Mondelez International is the world’s largest chocolatier, biscuit baker and maker, and the second-largest maker of gum. Everyday our employees create
delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favourite brands including Cadbury, Jacobs, LU, MILKA, Nabisco, Oreo, Tang and Trident.
Anywhere, anytime, everyday. We make the products that make people smile. We have:
- People with a single focus: create joy
- Nine billon dollar-plus brands
- Products marketed in 165 countries
- 110,000 employees worldwide
- 2012 Net revenue $35 billion
- Traded on Nasdaq
Act like owners
Keep it simple
Be open and inclusive
Tell it like it is
Lead from the head and the heart
Discuss, Decide. Deliver
Both Senior Counsel roles will have overall responsibility for patent service delivery to the Chocolate GCT worldwide and will provide regional patent expertise, as needed. The Senior Patents Counsel Patents will be a member of the Global Patent Leadership Team and will also be responsible for thought leadership as it relates to the delivery of patent legal services to the Company globally.
Key responsibilities include:
- Partnering with members of the Global Patent Team to develop and implement plans and strategies for the prosecution, maintenance and enforcement of patents
- Advising on the availability, maintenance and enforcement of patents
- Managing patent litigation and oppositions
- Conducting and providing counselling on freedom to operate issues for proposed business plans worldwide
- Advising on patent issues including patent legal advisory support for licensing, acquisitions and divestitures
- Negotiating and advise on patent aspects of intra group
- JD or LLB from an accredited law school and top academic credentials
- BA or higher degree in physical science or engineering
- Admitted to practice before the USPTO
- Minimum 8-10 years as a Patent legal advisor, either in-house or at a major law firm, advising on patent legal issues in a multinational legal department across a variety of jurisdictions
- Corporate legal advisory experience preferred
- Experience in preparation and prosecution of patents worldwide, patent litigation and opposition proceedings
- Experience in conducting Freedom to Operate analysis and advising businesses on proposed activities
- Experience in structuring and negotiating IP matters in commercial contracts and transactions, including cross-border or international transactions and working with foreign counsel
- Strong presence with ability to clearly communicate legal advice to R&D and Business leaders
PQE: is a guide only and candidates will be considered on merit alone.
To apply, please contact our exclusively retained consultant Raj Mehta: Head of Legal Commerce and Industry ( UK and Europe) on: +44 (0) 207 648 6956 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. This assignment is being handled exlusively by Eximius Group. All direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Eximius Group.