This job is no longer available
Our client is a high profile, but discreet global investment house based in Abu Dhabi. With an extremely strong existing diet of deals and a very healthy pipeline, our client is now seeking to hire a number of additional lawyers for its established legal team based in Abu Dhabi. These are exceptionally rare roles requiring extremely talented lawyers to work on a wide range of high value and often complex funds transactions.
Reporting to General Counsel your responsibilities will be broad but are likely to include:
• Advising senior management on all matters which may have legal ramifications.
• Drafting and negotiating high value agreements relevant to investments across a range of highly diversified asset classes ensuring that sufficient legal safeguards are built into these contracts to eliminate potential risks.
• Reviewing offering memoranda, LLPs, IMAs, SPAs, investment advisory agreements, administration agreements, custodian agreements and all other contractual documentation related to the client’s operations and investments to ensure they are legally sound prior to execution.
• Drafting, reviewing and developing standard contract forms and clauses and undertaking the necessary modifications to these on an on-going basis.
• Advising on the interpretation of laws and regulations, monitoring any amendments to them and updating the business on the implications of such and ensuring that the client’s activities at all times conform with applicable legislation in multiple jurisdictions.
• Undertaking all required and delegated tasks to ensure provision of first class legal support to the business and its various departments.
To qualify for this position you will have a minimum of 6 years’ experience in a blue chip law firm or private equity house gained from a Western jurisdiction. Lawyers currently working in major financial hubs and qualified in England & Wales, the US, Singapore and Hong King are of the greatest interest. You must have experience of a broad spectrum of investment funds and generalist corporate matters with a strong emphasis on some of the following investment areas: private equity both primary and secondary markets, hedge funds, real estate, equity and fixed income, infrastructure investments and M&A. You will have a proven track record of building strong external networks in the funds industry and use your broad internal and external networks to make latest knowledge in the legal world available to the client. You will be personable and able to cultivate personal networks in different parts of the organization, using those relationships to achieve results. Finally, a strong team worth ethic and experience of running deals at a frenetic deal pace, often against tight deadlines is essential.
This is a role that offers a fantastic opportunity for a talented, ambitious lawyer. Our client is offering an attractive expat compensation package commensurate with experience and the importance of the role.
Please send your resume to Elizabeth Williams at EWS firstname.lastname@example.org or call her for a confidential discussion on + 971 55 211 1189. This mandate is being handled exclusively by Elizabeth and any direct or third party applications will be forwarded to her for her consideration. Please note this is not a role for a pure M&A role lawyer but one that requires significant investment funds experience.