Training Contract/Vacation Schemes
Main areas of work
Private equity is the cornerstone of the London office, with the firm ranked in the top tier of Chambers UK for buyouts with more partners ranked at the top of the individual rankings than any other firm. The establishment of our London funds practice, linking in with our well-established US and Asian teams, provides clients with full coverage for both raising and investing funds.
Our restructuring practice is widely recognised as one of the leading practices in its field. The firm has been at the forefront of the credit crisis, advising global financial institutions such as Lehman Brothers, and most recently on MF Global which is the largest UK insolvency since Lehman. Our global restructuring expertise has enabled us to provide corporate and private equity clients with cutting-edge advice on the current markets, how best to weather the current storms and capitalise on opportunities in the distressed M&A markets.
We advise on all aspects of domestic and cross-border transactional and general corporate issues, including acquisitions and disposals, corporate governance and compliance, demergers and re-organisations, equity capital markets, joint ventures, public and private mergers and strategic alliances.
We have an international banking practice which is among the very best in the City, and spans leveraged finance, high yield, real estate finance, corporate and investment grade lending, and our structured finance expertise covers securitisation, CDOs/CLOs, derivatives and portfolio and asset sales.
Few firms can match the quality and depth of Weil’s experience in litigation, arbitration and other forms of dispute resolution. The London dispute resolution team advises upon, manages and conducts all aspects of domestic and international litigation, from strategic advice during the early stages of negotiations to courtroom advocacy.
Full-service transactional support is provided by specialists in the fields of competition, employment/employee benefits, environment, IP, IT, pensions, real estate, and tax.
The London office also works closely with cross-disciplinary teams across the firm on a wide range of industry specialisms, including energy, financial services, consumer goods, healthcare, infrastructure and TMT.
Why we’re different
- We operate at the very top of the market in our chosen areas of expertise, and our international network combines a top tier US practice with market-leading European and Asian offices, offering the opportunity to engage in international work at the very highest level.
- Over 95% of our lawyers in London are English-qualified and around 80% of our work is home grown. Our size, together with our lack of bureaucracy, enables us to remain nimble and flexible.
- Our people celebrate diversity, inclusion and individuality.
What we offer – World-class training
- A comprehensive and sophisticated training programme with direct input from leading partners
- A tailor-made approach to mentoring, career progression and development for each and every lawyer
- Some of the most sophisticated and challenging work you can find in the City
- Working in close-knit partner-led teams provides much greater responsibility and early exposure to our global network of clients and contacts
What we look for – World-class candidates
- High achievers with confidence and self-belief who will always push themselves to keep learning, developing and improving
- Business minded people with entrepreneurial flair and plenty of common sense
- Team players who want to make a real difference and build a world-class law firm
- Those attracted to working in small collegiate teams where they can shine and be noticed
- But don’t take our word for it – we were ranked as the top US law firm for employee satisfaction in Legal Week’s Employee Satisfaction Survey in 2012 and 2013.
Overseas opportunities We regularly offer six month trainee secondments to our New York office. Trainee secondments are awarded carefully based on merit and performance, and the candidate's ability to be an ambassador for the London office.
- Financial Assistance: full GDL and LPC fees paid, and £8,000 p.a. maintenance
- Number of Training Contract Vacancies: up to 14 each year. We are currently recruiting for September 2017. Please apply on-line at www.weil.com/ukrecruiting. Starting salary for trainees is £41,000 rising to £45,000. Our newly qualified salary is £95,500.
- Summer and spring vacation schemes available (each for two weeks). Please apply on-line by clicking on the Apply Now button. We pay £400 per week.
Find us on Facebook – Weil, Gotshal & Manges UK Graduates
Find us on LinkedIn - http://www.linkedin.com/company/weil-gotshal-and-manges?trk=top_nav_home
Find us on Twitter - https://mobile.twitter.com/WeilGotshal