Business Lawyer - Birmingham
If you are seeking a varied senior Business Lawyer role within a national organisation, with autonomy within the Birmingham office and the security of an endless supply of work without hours of business development, then this is the opportunity you have been waiting for!
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic Corporate and/or Commercial/Commercial Property Solicitor to join this fast-growing alternative business structure and experience something slightly different to the norm which is on the cutting edge of the provision of legal services. For a start, this unique set up is like private practice, however it has the feeling of being in-house, due to the lack of business development as the work is provided by the wider business of our client. Your caseload will be varied and you will always be busy, so you will be able to concentrate on handling your caseload without the pressure of having to self-generate work too.
The successful applicant will enjoy the following:
- Advising on a broad range of corporate transactional and commercial matters, as well as some commercial property, to owner managed businesses
- Corporate matters will include business sales, acquisitions, restructures and MBOs
- Commercial matters will include commercial contracts, EMIs and intellectual property
- Commercial property work will relate to the taking of new leases and the renewal of leases, the buying and selling of commercial and development property, investment property structures and finance arrangements and working with surveyors when necessary on various matters such as property investment strategy, portfolio management and dilapidation negotiations
- Enjoying the independence of working in the organisation's Birmingham office, with the support and ongoing assistance if required from the other lawyers in London
- Being actively involved in all business development opportunities and expanding our client's legal practice in the Midlands
- Genuine career progression prospects
- Highly competitive remuneration package.
The role would suit an ambitious Corporate/Commercial Solicitor and, if you have commercial property experience too, then so much the better, however it is not a pre-requisite. It is envisaged that the role would suit a qualified Solicitor with at least 3 years' relevant experience gained either in private practice or inhouse, however applications from more junior Solicitors and those with alternative relevant qualifications who can demonstrate equivalent skills and experience will also be considered.
For further information or an initial conversation in strict confidence, please contact Tracy Harris at QED Legal on 0121 4690506.
Apply for Business Lawyer - Birmingham
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly